The program for “children” is focused on children living in the outskirts of the city of Huancayo.
These places are characterized by extreme social and economic poverty, usually in areas where basic public services such as potable water, sewerage, electricity, sanitation and infrastructure are generally non-existent, or very limited, or Disabled people.
We find children with chronic malnutrition, exposed to dangerous street conditions, dysfunctional families (family violence, abandonment, machismo, alcoholism, among others), who are absent from school or who work from very young to help the family economy.
Our goal is to help change and improve this situation. To this end, we encourage an education that contributes to the motivation of children, to the emotional reinforcement of children, to building a healthy self-esteem, to being responsible and respectful of society and the environment, and above all to solidarity and Cooperation.
We work with children between the ages of 6 and 12. We develop a practical method of teaching, focused on promoting learning in ethical values, self-esteem and obtaining new social skills that will later be useful for their future.
- Type of volunteer: Socio-emotional / educational / children
- Duration of volunteering: We suggest a minimum commitment of 3 weeks and a maximum of 12 weeks (to be treated) The minimum duration is a question of pedagogy, to give continuity to the project, trust and safety to children.
- Location of the project: In the marginal areas of the Andean city of Huancayo, beautiful hill, these zones are very precarious economically speaking, but at the same time they are safe, since the people give us their support because we have demonstrated with our proven work.
- Responsibilities and to whom it is directed: This volunteer project is aimed at those people with a great heart and a great social emotion to promote the improvement of the quality of life of those human beings who need a hand to improve and look for a better future.
- As we have mentioned before, although anyone can participate, and it is not necessary to have professional qualification or previous volunteer experience.
- However, given our experience and work entirely social and empirical is also ideal for obtaining practical experience and field for students or professionals in this field, such as psychology, social education, social work, teaching, leisure monitor And free time, pedagogy, occupational therapy, arts, social marketing, sociology, medicine, administration, international cooperation and NGOs.
Activities and Workshops:
- Didactic crafts (origami, drawing and painting)
- Dance, singing and acting.
- Theater and acting
- Languages (English, Quechua)
- Pastry and chocolates.
- Support and school reinforcement (geography, knowledge of the environment, communication, mathematics, languages, etc.)
- Games and outdoor sports
- Dynamic games of learning and cooperation.
- Excursions to the countryside, city or zoo.
- Ecology and Recycling
- Hygiene and nutrition
- Tolerance, self-esteem and trust.
* We are open to new ideas and activities
- Over 18 years old
- Contact by social networks or skype.
- Complete the registration form.
- ID or valid passport
- Volunteers should have adaptability, enthusiasm and consideration with peers and coordinators.
- Commitment and responsibility with the rules of coexistence of the house or spaces in which it will live.
- Have extra money for your personal expenses, transportation and excursions.
- Volunteers should have the necessary immunizations and health insurance.
- We also accept pre / unpaid professional practices, we make agreements with universities and specializations validations