This volunteer program contributes to the community development of those rural areas and populations in the central Andes of Peru in situations of neglect and extreme lack.
Our main focus is to promote the self-development of these communities and populations through practices based on self-management and sustainability, taking advantage of the human and material resources of the population, following the model of the traditional Andean traditional social and cultural forms of Work and coexistence, through cooperation, mutual aid and reciprocity.
It is a direct and already Land, we think it is a great way to achieve greater help and impact in the community and its components, and also enables us to provide a face-to-face experience with the socio-cultural reality of these people, and therefore Both offering a real and rewarding experience of social work, volunteering and cultural exchange
In turn, we promote psycho-emotional intervention and support within the community, in projects based on gender equality, self-esteem, human rights, coexistence and socio-economic capacity development. Legal advice on these aspects is another of our goals to achieve.
- Duration of volunteer work
Requires a minimum of 3 weeks (treatable)
- Type of job
Ecology / agriculture / community / human rights / health
In agricultural communities and human settlements, on the outskirts of the Andean city of Huancayo, in the central Andes of Peru.
To help with the implementation of organic and ecologically sound practices, such as the creation of “bio-gardens” (organic gardens), construction of ecological kitchens, reforestation, planting, soil preparation, organic management, The production of natural products (jams, cheeses, breads …), sustainable business practices, emotional support, legal support, defense of the human rights of Inhabitants, among others.
- Number of places
We normally work with a minimum of 2 to a maximum of 9 volunteers per month, depending on the period or season.
- Working hours
From Monday to Friday, hours adapted to conditions and availability.
Volunteers will have the opportunity to experience life in rural communities in a direct and practical way, to achieve a cultural exchange with the people and to learn the customs and ways of life. Volunteers will learn how to put into practice the theories of agriculture and sustainable construction.
Volunteers will also benefit from the fresh air and contact with nature.
- This project is open to anyone with human and social motivation to help, it is not necessary to have studies, experience or specialization in the subject.
- In terms of socio-emotional and economic intervention, this place is ideal to obtain practical experience in the field work and can participate students or workers dedicated to psychology, law, political science, philosophy, anthropology, human resources, administration and business management , Sociology, occupational therapy, social work, social educator, social marketing, and specialties related to these .
- A minimum of 18 years of age
- Proof of identity, as a valid passport or DNI and contact by social networks or skype.
- Complete the registration form or application-
- Volunteers should be able to adapt to the local cultural situation, enthusiasm and consideration with peers and coordinators.
- Commitment and responsibility with the norms of coexistence and the house or spaces in which it will live.
- You must have extra money for your personal expenses, transportation and excursions.
- Volunteers should have the necessary immunizations and health insurance.
- A minimum voluntary work commitment of 3 weeks, although longer periods are ideal in order to get results.
- We will prioritize the participation and acceptance to those people who come directly to our project, however, if you are traveling through South America you can send us your proposal, we will analyze it based on our needs and availability