This program contributes to community development in areas of economic development, various areas of health improvement, especially preventive, in addition to the fight against chronic malnutrition in children, pregnant women and vulnerable populations, educational and training support and support. of children as well as the improvement of the quality of life in general of the immigrant settlers and families, in addition to mitigating the effects that the pandemic has caused on the affected individuals and families, respecting their culture and traditions, in addition to promoting a closer collaboration between our social work and the community of those rural areas and populations of the central Andes of Peru in situations of abandonment and extreme deprivation.
Our main focus is to promote the self-development of these communities and populations through practices based on self-management and sustainability, taking advantage of the human and material resources of the population, following the model of traditional Andean social and cultural forms of work and coexistence, through cooperation, mutual aid and reciprocity.
We rely on direct social work, we think it is a great way to achieve greater help and impact on the community and its components, and also allows us to provide a face-to-face experience with the socio-cultural reality of these people, and therefore Both offer a real and rewarding experience where you are part of the community.
- Duration of volunteer work
Requires a minimum of 4 weeks (treatable)
- Type of job
Ecology / agriculture / community / human rights / health / food safety and nutrition
In agricultural communities and human settlements, on the outskirts of the Andean city of Huancayo, in the central Andes of Peru.
help organize women's self-help groups, informational talks on home improvement, green kitchens, caring for animals and responsible planting of edible plants and vegetables in an ecological waypreparation of healthy food, revaluation of the Andean natural diet including new foods and ingredients that combat anemia and malnutrition, talks on drinking water, cleaning food, prevention of childhood and pregnant diseases, economic-social studies and of the health situation of families and children among others,To help with the implementation of organic and ecologically sound practices, such as the creation of “bio-gardens” (organic gardens), construction of ecological kitchens, reforestation, planting, soil preparation, organic management, The production of natural products (jams, cheeses, breads …), sustainable business practices, emotional support, legal support, defense of the human rights of Inhabitants,
- Number of places
We normally work with a minimum of 2 to a maximum of 9 volunteers per month, depending on the period or season.
- Working hours
From Monday to Friday, hours adapted to conditions and availability.
Volunteers will have the opportunity to experience life in rural communities in a direct and practical way, to achieve a cultural exchange with the people and to learn the customs and ways of life. Volunteers will learn how to put into practice the theories of agriculture and sustainable construction.
Volunteers will also benefit from the fresh air and contact with nature.
- This project is open to anyone with human and social motivation to help, it is not necessary to have studies, experience or specialization in the subject.
- In terms of socio-emotional and economic intervention, this place is ideal to obtain practical experience in the field work and can participate students or workers dedicated to psychology, law, formal health and natural holistic health, medicine, nursing, political science, philosophy, anthropology, human resources, administration and business management , Sociology, occupational therapy, social work, social educator, social marketing, and specialties related to these .
- A minimum of 19 years of age
- Proof of identity, as a valid passport or DNI and contact by social networks or skype.
- Complete the registration form or application-
- Volunteers should be able to adapt to the local cultural situation, enthusiasm and consideration with peers and coordinators.
- Commitment and responsibility with the norms of coexistence and the house or spaces in which it will live.
- You must have extra money for your personal expenses, transportation and excursions.
- Volunteers should have the necessary immunizations and health insurance.
- A minimum voluntary work commitment of 4 weeks, although longer periods are ideal in order to get results.
- It is possible to carry out an internship related to your studies or interests, we are a legally formed project and we can issue legally valid documentation for this concept in addition to advising you in the area you choose to collaborate